Naturopathy uses natural medicines that support the bodies ability to heal itself. Natural medicines are our oldest medicine, tried and proven by the ancient people of the earth over thousands of years. Their use in more recent times is backed by extensive scientific and clinical research.
Natural Therapies used at Next Wave include:
- Herbal Medicine
- Nutritional Medicine
- Diet advice
- Lifestyle mentoring
- Homoeopathic Medicine
Natural Medicines are prescribed after a comprehensive assessment identifying individual need.
Our highly experienced Naturopaths use practitioner only products. Whether taking a capsule, tea, tincture, tablet or powder we prescribe natural medicines with low to minimal excipients and where possible are locally sourced.
What to expect in a Naturopathic Consultation?
Next Wave's comprehensive health assessment involves:
- completing a Health Appraisal Questionnaire prior to initial consultation
- discussion about your concerns and symptoms
- diet and nutrition assessment
- interpretation of medical test results
It may also involve nail, tongue and iris analysis; and request for further functional assessments from an external laboratory
Wanting to change is the first step towards living a more happy, healthy and self aware life. Our Naturopath's set goals with you and make suggestions that suit your life style.
A naturopathic approach is useful to prevent and treat illness, assist recovery and promote vitality. It is useful for acute complaints such as the common cold or headache; or more serious chronic illness such as diabetes and depression.
Next Wave Naturopaths are highly skilled and have special interest in treating:
- Chronic or persistent pain - low back pain, migraines
- Neuro-Immunology - CFS, fibromyalgia
- Mental health - depression, anxiety
- Auto-Immunity - diabetes, thyroid, Crohn’s disease
- Hormonal complaints - menopause, PCOS, pre-menstrual syndrome
- Digestive health - IBS, constipation, indigestion
- Brain health - cognitive impairment, poor memory, foggy thinking
- Sleep disorders - insomnia, circadian rhythm