Acupressure at Next Wave Fremantle area (Hilton)
Experience the benefits of neuro-sensory-modulation with acupressure.
What is acupressure?
Acupressure stimulates and activates the bodies own healing mechanisms.
Acupressure offers a safe and non-invasive way of modulating the nervous system via sensory input.
Grounded in the concept of life energy or ‘qi’ which flows through ‘meridians‘ in the body, it’s principles are similar to that of acupuncture. Acu (Latin, ‘needle’) + Pressure
When pressure is applied to specific points of the body, and in a sequenced way, messages are sent to the physical body and the sub-conscious mind.
Acupressure helps pain, stress and related concerns.
- Chronic Pain – persistent muscle pain, fibromyalgia, migraines
- Sleep disturbance – insomnia, night waking
- Mental health – anxiety, depression, post natal health
- Low energy, fatigue and feeling amotivated
- Muscle pain and tension – neck and shoulder pain, tension headaches and migraines, lower back and hip pain.
Acupressure is useful for prevention, alleviation or recovery from illness.
It is also an empowering path to greater vitality and self awareness.
What happens in an acupressure treatment?
Our experienced occupational therapist uses a variety of techniques, including
- touch, using fingers or palm to apply firm pressure on specific acu-points ‘nadis‘ of the body
- stretching techniques
- lifting parts of your body
You may also be recommended and taught:
- breathing or meditation techniques
- mindfulness strategies
- self acupressure techniques
“After one treatment I felt tingling in my hands and arms, my stress had lifted and the next day I felt so much better.” LW, 54 yo lady